FollowLike Share It

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Granny gets in shootout with would-be robbers


MACON, Georgia -- A Warner Robins, Ga., grandmother shot and wounded one of two armed men who tried to rob her outside of her daughter's house on Saturday morning.
"I thought I was going to die," Luisa Campbell said -- and she wanted to take someone with her.
Police said the wounded man, Brenton Lance Spencer, 32, remains hospitalized under 24-hour guard, and will be taken to jail when he recovers from a gunshot wound in the abdomen. Neither the hospital or the police disclosed his condition.
Campbell, 57, said she owns several convenience stores and gas stations in Macon, Ga.
Campbell, who had parked in the driveway, said she had just dropped her grandson off at her daughter's house. She was looking through her purse for her phone when someone started yelling and demanding money.
"I said, 'I got no money.' Then he said, you don't open the door, I'll shoot you. I answered him and said 'you're gonna kill me anyway no matter what,' " Campbell said.
She said that's when he fired his gun, and she fired back.
"He shot the passenger's side window," she said. "The bullet went through the driver's window. I backed up and he did miss me. When I backed up, I saw one more guy in the front."
She said a second man was standing in front of her car, illuminated by her high beams. He had a .48 caliber gun.
"I said, 'Oh God, I'm gonna die.' But they (had) bad news for them, I always carry a gun, 24 hours, 7 days a week."
She said she owns more guns than she can count, including a pink gun, which wasn't used Saturday.
It wasn't until after police found one of the suspected robbers, that Campbell found out one of her bullets pierced the would-be robber who was on the passenger's side of the car in the abdomen.
At the time, she thought that since she was to die, she was going to "take one of them with me," Campbell said. She is now glad she didn't kill the robber.
She said she buried her own son a week ago, from natural causes, and doesn't want another parent to go through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment