FollowLike Share It

Friday 18 May 2012

Elderly 'Rambo' blocks developers

Elderly 'Rambo' blocks developers

Zou Mingcan /Europics
A hard-headed pensioner is standing in the way of a £350million development - by refusing to move out of his one-bed flat.
Zou Mingcan, 70 - from Kunming, Yunnan province, southern China - has declared war on the builders and has rigged his sixth floor flat with a series of home-made weapons and booby traps.
Sporting a military camouflage uniform, Zou stands guard on the roof with a terrifying array of Molotov cocktails, bricks and rocks which he pelts the developers with.
In revenge, builders crushed his car and left it flattened outside the apartment block on an island of land.
Planners claim they warned Zou nearly a year ago that the apartment block was scheduled for demolition as part of a huge expansion of the city's upmarket housing district.
"I used to be a builder so I know all their tricks. They won't get me out of here until they pay me proper compensation. I know how much my flat is worth to them so they might as well pay up," said Zou.
SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment